- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between flow control and congestion control
Both Flow control and congestion control are the traffic controlling methods.
Following are the important differences between Flow Control and Congestion Control.
|Sr. No.||Key||Flow Control||Congestion Control|
|1||Definition||In Flow Control, Traffic is controlled and Traffic represents flow from sender to receiver.||In Congestion Control also, Traffic is controlled and Traffic represents flow entering into the network.|
|2||Layers||Data link and Transport layers handles flow control.||Network and Transport layers handles congestion control.|
|3||Prime Focus||Receiver is prevented from being overwhelmed.||Network is prevented from being congested.|
|4||Responsibility||Only sender is responsible for the traffic.||Transport layer is responsible for the traffic.|
|5||Way||Traffic is prevented by slowing down the sender.||Traffic is prevented by slowing down the transport layer.|
- What is the difference between Flow Control and Error Control?
- What are issues in congestion and Flow control in LANs?
- What is Congestion Control Algorithm?
- What is an admission control approach for congestion control?
- Difference between Centralized Version Control and Distributed Version Control
- Difference between Hardwired Control Unit and Microprogrammed Control Unit
- What is the difference between Sequence control and data control?
- What is Open Loop Congestion Control?
- What is closed Loop Congestion Control?
- What are different approaches to congestion control?
- Static Control Flow in Java
- Control flow alterations in Ruby
- What is Congestion Control in the Computer Network?
- What do you mean by congestion control algorithm?
- Flow control in Data Link Layer