- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Float and Double
In this post, we will understand the difference between float and double data types.
It has a single precision.
It takes 4 bytes of memory.
According to IEEE, it has 32-bit precision.
It is used with graphic based libraries.
It improves the processing power of programs.
It is simple to manage by compilers.
Its value can be between 1.2E-38 to 3.4E+38.
It can have a precision of up to 6 decimal places.
It has a double precision.
It takes 8 bytes of memory.
According to IEEE, it has 64-bit precision.
Its value can be between 2.3E-308 to 1.7E+308.
It can have a precision of up to 15 decimal places.
It is considered as the most commonly used data type.
- Difference between float and double in Arduino
- Difference between float and double in C/C++
- What is the difference between a float, double and a decimal in C#?
- Float and Double in C
- Round float and double numbers in Java
- How to compare float and double in C++?
- Difference between Single-Cage and Double-Cage Induction Motors
- Comparison of double and float primitive types in C#
- Comparison of double and float primitive types in Java
- What is the difference between single and double quotes in python?
- Write the difference between single entry system and double entry system.
- Difference between single quote (‘) and double quote (“) in PowerShell?
- Differentiate between share outstanding and float.
- Get the absolute value of float, int, double and long in Java