- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Digital Signature and Digital Certificate
In this post, we will understand the difference between a digital signature and a digital certificate −
It helps verify the authenticity of a specific document.
It also helps in verifying the source of a specific document.
The document is encrypted when it is being sent.
The document is decrypted when it is being received.
This encryption and decryption happen using asymmetric keys.
It helps provide authentication, non-repudiation and integrity.
It helps create an identity for a website.
It also improves the trustworthy nature of the website.
A digital certificate can be issued by a trusted agency known as the CA.
The CA follows specific steps such as key generation, registration, verification and creation.
It helps provide authentication and security.
- What is digital certificate and digital signature?
- Difference Between Digital Signature and Electronic Signature
- Difference Between Analog and Digital Computer
- Difference between Analog and Digital Circuits
- What is Digital Signature in information security?
- Differences between Digital and Analog System.
- What is the difference between Electronic signatures and Digital Signatures?
- How does the IPsec use digital certificates and digital signatures?
- Difference between DLP(Digital Light Processing) and LCD(Liquid Crystal Display) projectors.
- Microcontrollers and Digital Signal Processors
- Digital Circuits and Their Applications
- Digital Subscriber Lines
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- What are Analog and Digital signals?
- Opportunities in Digital India