- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between Data warehouse and Operational database
A data warehouse is a repository for structured, filtered data that has already been processed for a specific purpose. Dataware collect the data from multiple sources and transform the data using ETL process then load it to the Data Warehouse for business purpose.
Operational Database are those databases where data changes frequently. They are mainly designed for high volume of data transaction. They are the source database for the data warehouse.It is used for maintaining the online transaction and record integrity in multiple access environments.
|Sr. No.||Key||Data warehouse||Operational Database|
|1||Basic||A data warehouse is a repository for structured, filtered data that has already been processed for a specific purpose||Operational Database are those databases where data changes frequently|
|2||Data Structure||Data warehouse has denormalized schema||It has normalized schema|
|3||Performance||It is fast for analysis queries||It is slow for analytics queries|
|4.||Type of Data||It focuses on historical data||It focuses on current transactional data|
|5.||Uses Case||It is used for OLAP||It is used for OLTP|
- Difference between Operational Database and Data Warehouse?
- Difference between a data warehouse database and an OLTP database?
- Difference Between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
- What is the difference between Data Mining and Data Warehouse?
- Operational Database
- Difference between Database and a Blockchain
- Difference between Schema and Database in MySQL?
- Difference Between Data and Metadata
- Difference Between Data and Information
- Explain the HDLC Operational and Non-Operational Modes
- What is Data Warehouse?
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Difference between Data mining and Data Science?
- Difference between Data Mining and Big Data?