- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between Data Warehouse and Data Mart
In this post, we will understand the difference between data warehouse and data mart.
It is a large repository of data that is collected from different organizations within a corporation.
It helps make a strategic decision.
The main objective is to provide an integrated environment and coherent image of the business.
The designing process is tough.
It may or may not be used in a dimensional model.
It can feed dimensional models.
It includes large areas of the corporation, hence it takes a long time to process it.
It is a subtype of data warehouse.
It is designed to meet the requirement of a specific user group.
It helps make tactical decisions for business.
It is generally used in the business division at the departmental level.
The process of designing it is easy.
It is built by focusing on a dimensional model.
They are easy to use, and implement.
They can only handle small amounts of data.
- Difference between Data warehouse and Operational database
- Difference between Operational Database and Data Warehouse?
- What is the difference between Data Mining and Data Warehouse?
- Difference between a data warehouse database and an OLTP database?
- Difference between data type and data structure
- Difference Between Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Difference between Data Mining and Big Data?
- Difference between Data mining and Data Science?
- What is Data Warehouse?
- Difference Between Data and Information
- Difference Between Data and Metadata
- Difference between fundamental data types and derived data types
- What are Data Warehouse Users?
- What is data warehouse tuning?
- What is Data Warehouse Testing?