- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Describe an activity to demonstrate that warm air is lighter than cool air.
Step 1. Let's take two paper bags of the same size.
Step 2. Hang both the paper bags to both ends of a stick or rod as shown in figure $(A)$.
Step 3. Tie a piece of thread or rope to the middle of the stick.
Step 4. Hold the stick with one hand to balance it.
Step 5. Place a candle below one of the two bags.
It is observed that the bag below which the candle is placed is used up as shown in figure $(B)$. This is because the air become lighter and expands. This activity proves that warm air is lighter than cool air.
- Related Articles
- How will you demonstrate that water vapour is present in air?
- How will you demonstrate that water vapour is present in the air?
- State whether the following statements areTrue or False:$(i)$. If wind flows from land to the ocean, then it is daytime.$(ii)$. A very high pressure system, with very high speed wind surrounding it forms a cyclone.$(iii)$. The coast line of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.$(iv)$. Warm air is lighter than cool air.
- The mountaineers carry oxygen with them because:(a) At an altitude of more than 5 km there is no air.(b) The amount of air available to a person is less than that available on the ground.(c) The temperature of air is higher than that on the ground.(d) the pressure of air is higher than that on the ground.
- What is an Air Fryer and how to use an Air Fryer?
- Describe an activity to show that thermoplastic is a poor conductor of electricity.
- Describe balance of oxygen in the air.
- Describe an activity to show that solution of salt in water can conduct electricity.
- Is this an air cushion?"\n
- Sound cannot travel in vacuum. Describe an experiment to demonstrate this.
- (a) What is sound? What type of waves are sound waves in air?(b) Describe an experiment to show that sound cannot pass through vacuum.
- What is air pressure? Give an example.
- How warm live in soil? Does the air come under the soil or not?
- (a) Describe the threat to the Taj Mahal monument due to air pollution.(b) State any two ways of controlling air pollution.
- What is Air?