- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
(a) Describe the threat to the Taj Mahal monument due to air pollution.
(b) State any two ways of controlling air pollution.
(a) Due to an increase in gases like sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide in the atmosphere, acid rain takes place. Acid rain corrodes the marbles of monuments. The phenomenon is also called “Marble cancer”.
Suspended particulate matter, such as soot particles emitted by the Mathura oil refinery, has contributed to the yellowing of the marble. These are the threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
(b) Several steps have been taken by Supreme court to protect Taj Mahal.
- The industries around Taj Mahal have been ordered to switch into clean fuels such as Compressed natural gas-CNG and Liquified petroleum gas- LPG.
- It has been advised that the automobiles should be switched over to unleaded petrol.
- Related Articles
- Describe the threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
- Name any four pollutants which cause water pollution. State any three ways of controlling water pollution.
- Name any two sources which causes air pollution due to Suspended Particulate Matter (SPM).
- (a) >What is air? Write the names of various constituents of air.(b) What is air pollution? What are the main sources of air pollution?
- Name one important monument which has been affected by air pollution?
- The type of pollution which is likely to affect Taj Mahal in Agra to a greater extent isair pollutionwater pollutionsoil pollutionnoise pollution
- How do industries contribute to air pollution?
- Combustion of fossil fuels generates a lot of air pollution. Can you suggest any two alternative sources of energy which do not cause any pollution?
- Effects of Air Pollution on Plants
- Effects of Air Pollution on Human Health
- What is meant by air pollution?
- The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act: An Overview
- Air Pollution Definition, Causes, Effect and Control
- The pollution of air caused by burning petroleum fuels (like petrol and diesel) in vehicles can be controlled by fitting a device X in the exhaust system of vehicles.(a) Name the device X. (b) How does this device help in controlling air pollution?
- How can we stop air and water pollution?