- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
David is observing his image in a plane mirror. The distance between the mirror and his image is 4 m. If he moves 1 m towards the mirror, then the distance between David and his image will be
$(i).\ 3\ m$
$(ii).\ 5\ m$
$(iii).\ 6\ m$
$(iv).\ 8\ m$
The correct answer is $(iii)\ 6\ m$.
David is observing his image in a plane mirror. The distance between the mirror and his image is 4 m.
To find the distance between David and his image if he moves $1\ m$ towards the mirror.
To calculate the distance between David and his image let us know how and where the image is formed by a plane mirror.
Image formation by a plane mirror:
The image formed by a plane mirror is virtual $(behind\ the\ mirror)$, erect $(upright)$, laterally inverted, same as that of the size of the object, and is equal to the distance of the object from the mirror as shown in the ray diagram below.
Distance between David and his image:
The given distance between David's image and the mirror is $4\ m$.
This means that the distance between David and the mirror is also $4\ m$.
When David moves $1\ m$ towards the mirror, then the distance between David and mirror $=4\ m-1\ m=3\ m$
The image will be formed at the same distance$(3\ m)$ behind the mirror.
Therefore, the distance between David and his image $=3\ m+3\ m=6\ m$.
- Create a mirror image with CSS
- Find mirror image of a point in 2-D plane in C++
- Print the Mirror Image of Sine-Wave Pattern in C
- C++ Program for triangular pattern (mirror image around 0)
- Check if mirror image of a number is same if displayed in seven segment displays in Python
- How to create a mirror image using Java OpenCV library?
- How to flip an image (add a mirror effect) with CSS?
- Mirror Reflection in C++
- Sum of the mirror image nodes of a complete binary tree in an inorder way in C++
- The focal length of a spherical mirror in Python Program
- Python Program for the focal length of a spherical mirror
- Create a mirror tree from the given binary tree in C++ Program
- Mirror of n-ary Tree in C++
- What is the difference between E commerce and M commerce?
- Python Program to find mirror characters in a string
- Java Program for focal length of a spherical mirror