- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
(a) Write the formula and draw the electron dot structure of carbon tetrachloride.
(b) What is saponification? Write the reaction involved in this process.
(a) Carbon tetrachloride- CCl4
(b) The process of preparing soap by the hydrolysis of fats or oils with alkalis is known as saponification.
When animal fat or vegetable oil (ester) is heated with concentrated sodium hydroxide solution, soap and glycerol (alcohol) are formed.
The equation can be written as:
Fat or oil (Ester) + Sodium Hydroxide (alkali) → Soap (sodium salt of fatty acid) + Glycerol (an alcohol)
- Write a C program to display the size and offset of structure members
- What is the difference between Write() and WriteLine() methods in C#?
- What is the principle involved in the flight of an aircraft?
- The B-tree in Data Structure
- The B+ tree in Data Structure
- What is the secret formula of Coca-Cola?
- Is Canva Pro worth the try?
- How do I write a Latex formula in the legend of a plot using Matplotlib inside a .py file?
- What is the structure of the data warehouse?
- What is the difference between the dot (.) operator and -> in C++?
- What is Carbon Arc Welding?
- Write the difference between debentures and bonds.
- Write the difference between leasing and financing.
- Write the difference between tax and duty.
- Write the difference between duty and tariff.