What are the advantages of C++ Programming Language?
Following are the advantages of C++ −
- C++ is a highly portable language and is often the language of selection for multi-device, multi-platform app development.
- C++ is an object-oriented programming language and includes concepts like classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction, and encapsulation which allow code reusability and makes programs very maintainable.
- C++ use multi-paradigm programming. The Paradigm means the style of programming .paradigm concerned about logics, structure, and procedure of the program. C++ is multi-paradigm means it follows three paradigm Generic, Imperative, Object Oriented.
- It is useful for the low-level programming language and very efficient for general purpose.
- C++ gives the user complete control over memory management. This can be seen both as an advantage and a disadvantage as this increases the responsibility of the user to manage memory rather than it being managed by the Garbage collector.
- The wide range of applications − From GUI applications to 3D graphics for games to real-time mathematical simulations, C++ is everywhere.
- C++ has a huge community around it. Community size is important, because the larger a programming language community is, the more support you would be likely to get. C++ is the 6th most used and followed tag on StackOverflow and GitHub.
- C++ has a very big job market as it is used in various industries like finance, app development, game development, Virtual reality, etc.
- C++'s greatest strength is how scalable it could be, so apps that are very resource intensive are usually built with it. As a statically written language, C++ is usually more performant than the dynamically written languages because the code is type-checked before it is executed.
- Compatibility with C − C++ is compatible with C and virtually every valid C program is a valid C++ program.
Published on 14-Feb-2018 18:22:21