- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to install python modules and their dependencies easily?
The best and recommended way to install Python modules is to use pip, the Python package manager. It automatically installs dependencies of the module as well.
If you have Python 2 >=2.7.9 or Python 3 >=3.4 installed from python.org, you will already have pip and setup tools, but will need to upgrade to the latest version:
On Linux or macOS:
pip install -U pip setuptools
python -m pip install -U pip setuptools
If you’re using a Python install on Linux that’s managed by the system package manager (e.g "yum", "apt-get" etc…), and you want to use the system package manager to install or upgrade pip, then see: https://packaging.python.org/guides/installing-using-linux-tools/
Download get-pip.py from https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py. Run python get-pip.py. This will install or upgrade pip.
Now you can use pip to install python packages. For example, To install the latest version of "SomeProject":
$ pip install 'SomeProject'
To install a specific version:
$ pip install 'SomeProject==1.4'
To install greater than or equal to one version and less than another:
$ pip install 'SomeProject>=1,<2'
- How to install and import Python modules at runtime?
- How to install Python modules in Cygwin?
- How to install python modules without root access?
- How to install libxml2 with python modules on Mac?
- How to Install two python modules with same name?
- How do we use easy_install to install Python modules?
- How to use pip to install python modules in easy way?
- What is the most compatible way to install python modules on a Mac?
- How to use remote python modules?
- How to bundle a Python Tkinter application including dependencies?
- How to organize Python classes in modules and/or packages
- How to check version of python modules?
- How to deploy python modules on Heroku?
- How to Install Python on Windows?
- How to install a Python Module?