- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to define classes in Python?
In Python, almost all the code is implemented using classes. Programmers use classes to keep related pieces of code together. This is done using the keyword “class,” which is a collection of object-oriented constructs.
A class is a template for creating objects. Objects have member variables and have behaviour associated with them. In python a class is created by the keyword class.
For example, let's create a simple, empty class with no functions.
>>> class Cars: ... pass
The keyword class is followed by the class name whose first letter is capitalized and then comes a colon to end the class definition and declaration.
- Would you recommend to define multiple Python classes in a single file?
- How to use enums in Python classes?
- How to define a function in Python?
- Creating Classes in Python
- How data hiding works in Python Classes?
- How to define attributes of a class in Python?
- How do we define tuple in Python?
- How do we define lists in Python?
- How do we define dictionary in Python?
- How to define a Python dictionary within dictionary?
- Introduction to Classes and Inheritance in Python
- Data Classes in Python (dataclasses)
- Interpreter base classes in Python
- How to organize Python classes in modules and/or packages
- Python Exception Base Classes