- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to close all the opened files using Python?
There is no way in python natively to track all opened files. To do that you should either track all the files yourself or always use the with statement to open files which automatically closes the file as it goes out of scope or encounters an error.
with open('file.txt') as f: # do something with f here
You can also create a class to enclose all files and create a single close function to close all the files.
class OpenFiles(): def __init__(self): self.files =  def open(self, file_name): f = open(file_name) self.files.append(f) return f def close(self): list(map(lambda f: f.close(), self.files)) files = OpenFiles() # use open method foo = files.open("text.txt", "r") # close all files files.close()
- How to close an opened file in Python?
- How to safely open/close files in Python?
- How to touch all the files recursively using Python?
- How to list down all the files alphabetically using Python?
- How to extract all the .txt files from a zip file using Python?
- How to close all Android activities at once using Kotlin?
- How to convert PDF files to Excel files using Python?
- How to find all the unique quadruplets that is close to zero using C#?
- How to download all pdf files with selenium python?
- How to remove swap files using Python?
- How to create powerpoint files using Python
- How to list all files in a directory using Java?
- How to delete all files in a directory with Python?
- Python - How to Merge all excel files in a folder
- How to rename multiple files recursively using Python?