How many packages and classes are there in Java Standard Edition 8?
Java Standard Edition provides 14 packages namely –
- applet − This package provides classes and methods to create and communicate with the applets.
- awt− This package provides classes and methods to create user interfaces.
- beans− This package contains classes and methods to develop components based on java beans.
- io− This package contains classes and methods to read and write data standard input and output devices, streams and files.
- lang− This package contains the fundamental classes, methods, and, interfaces of Java language.
- math− This package contains classes and methods which helps you to perform arithmetic operations using the Java language.
- net− This package provides classes to implement networking applications.
- nio− This package defines buffers, which are containers for data, and provides an overview of the other NIO packages.
- rmi− This package provides classes, methods, and interfaces for Remote Method Invocation.
- security− This package provides classes and interfaces for security framework.
- sql− This package provides classes and methods to access and process the data stored in a data source.
- text− This package provides classes and interfaces to handle text.
- time− This package provides API for dates, times, instants, and durations.
- util− This package contains collection framework, collection classes, classes related to date and time, event model, internationalization, and miscellaneous utility classes.
Published on 05-Jan-2018 06:30:22