- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do you dynamically add Python modules to a package while your programming is running?
To dynamically import Python modules, you can use the importlib package's import_module(moduleName) function. You need to have moduleName as a string. For example,
>>> from importlib import import_module >>> moduleName = "os" >>> globals()[moduleName] = import_module(moduleName)
If you want to dynamically import a list of modules, you can even call this from a for loop. For example,
>>> import importlib >>> modnames = ["os", "sys", "math"] >>> for lib in modnames: ... globals()[lib] = importlib.import_module(lib)
The globals() call returns a dict. We can set the lib key for each library as the object returned to us on import of a module.
If you've imported a package and now want to dynamically import one of its module, you can still use the same function and get the expected result. The module you want to import should have its full name and not just the module name. For example,
>>> import importlib >>> pack = 'datetime' >>> mod = 'date' >>> globals()[pack] = importlib.import_module(pack) >>> globals()[pack + '.' + mod] = importlib.import_module(pack + '.' + mod)
- Is there a need to import Java.lang package while running Java programs?
- Why Your Computer is Running Slow and How You Can Fix It?
- How to manipulate figures while a script is running in Python Matplotlib?
- while and do-while in Dart Programming
- How do Python modules work?
- How to find which Python modules are being imported from a package?
- Do I need to import the Java.lang package anytime during running a program?
- Do you know when and how to bathe your newborn?
- What are your values? What do you represent? What do you want to embody?
- How to add a button dynamically in android?
- How do you add an element to a list in Java?
- How do I create a namespace package in Python?
- What you need to do when your phone is lost or stolen
- How do we use easy_install to install Python modules?