- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do we use easy_install to install Python modules?
easy_install was released in 2004, as part of setuptools. It was notable at the time for installing packages from PyPI using requirement specifiers, and automatically installing dependencies.
pip came later in 2008, as alternative to easy_install, although still largely built on top of setuptools components. You should be using pip instead of easy_install for installing python modules. If you have easy_install, you can use it to install pip. Type the following command:
$ easy_install pip
Now you can use pip to install the module you want. For example, To install the latest version of "SomeProject":
$ pip install 'SomeProject'
To install a specific version:
$ pip install 'SomeProject==1.4'
To install greater than or equal to one version and less than another:
$ pip install 'SomeProject>=1,<2'
- How to use pip to install python modules in easy way?
- How to install Python modules in Cygwin?
- How to install python modules without root access?
- How to install python modules and their dependencies easily?
- How to Install two python modules with same name?
- How to install and import Python modules at runtime?
- How to install libxml2 with python modules on Mac?
- How do Python modules work?
- How to use remote python modules?
- How to use pip or easy_install Tkinter on Windows?
- How to use Python modules over Paramiko (SSH)?
- How do I install Python SciPy?
- How we can bundle multiple python modules?
- How do we use Python in interactive mode?
- How do we use Python in script mode?