- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Comparison of CSS versions
Cascading Style Sheets, level 1 (CSS1) was came out of W3C as a recommendation in December 1996. This version describes the CSS language as well as a simple visual formatting model for all the HTML tags.
CSS2 became a W3C recommendation in May 1998 and builds on CSS1. This version adds support for media-specific style sheets e.g. printers and aural devices, downloadable fonts, element positioning, and tables.
CSS3 became a W3C recommendation in June 1999 and builds on older versions CSS. it has divided into documentation is called as Modules and here each module having new extension features defined in CSS2.
CSS3 is the latest standard of CSS earlier versions (CSS2). The main difference between CSS2 and CSS3 is as follows:
- Media Queries
- Selectors Level 3
CSS handles the look and feel part of a web page. Using CSS, you can control the color of the text, the style of fonts, the spacing between paragraphs, how columns are sized and laid out, what background images or colors are used, layout designs, and variations in the display for different devices and screen sizes as well as a variety of other effects.
- Different C++ Versions
- How to create a comparison table with CSS?
- What are different selenium versions?
- Comparison of Java and .NET
- Comparison of Float in Java
- Comparison of dates in PHP
- Comparison of 802.16 with 802.11
- Comparison of Different Light Sources
- Comparison of Various Power Plants
- How to use multiple versions of jQuery on the same page?
- Comparison of different Life Cycle Models
- Perform element-wise comparison of two string arrays using a comparison operator in Numpy
- How to bind multiple versions of a DB2 program into a package?
- Python Comparison Operators
- Comparison of SAP HANA with conventional database