- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
You are given with copper wire and a string, how will you determine which one is a conductor of electricity?
We know that electric current flows only through the conductors. To test whether the given object is a conductor, we have to place it in the path of an electric current and see it current passes through it.
We can do the following experiment to check which object is a conductor.
1.Take the object, connect conducting wires from both the ends of the object.
2. Connect a battery to one end of the wire and join a bulb through the other end. Join the remaining ends of the cell and bulb
3. If the bulb glows then the object is a conductor of electricity
4.If the bulb does not glow then the object is an insulator.
- Related Articles
- If you have to set up a circuit which conducting wire will you prefer ?copper or zinc why ?
- How will you use the conduction tester to find if an object is a conductor or insulator of electricity?
- You are given three substances A, B and C. How will you find out which of them as a combustible material?
- The property/properties which enable copper metal to be used for making electric wires is/are:(a) copper metal is malleable and ductile(b) copper metal is a good conductor of electricity(c) copper metal is ductile and has low electrical resistance(d) copper metal is sonorous and an excellent conductor of electricity
- You are given three mirrors of different types. How will you identify each one of them?
- You are given two liquids, one a solution and the other a compound. How will you distinguish the solution from the compound ?
- Which among iron and mercury is a better conductor of electricity?
- A non-metal which is a good conductor of electricity is ___________.
- You are given an iron strip. How will you make it into a magnet?
- Three liquids are given to you. One is hydrochloric acid, another sodium hydroxide and third is a sugar solution. How will you identify them? You have only turmeric indicator.
- Three liquids are given to you. One is hydrochloric acid. another is sodium hydroxide and third is a sugar solution. How will you identify them? You have only turmeric indicator.
- Name a non-metal which is a good conductor of electricity.
- Name a non-metal which is good conductor of electricity?
- Describe how you will locate a current-carrying wire concealed in a wall.
- Generally, non-metals are not conductors of electricity. Which of the following is a good conductor of electricity?DiamondGraphiteSulphurFullerene