- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Working with tmux session
Tmux is a terminal multiple for Unix OS. It provides multiple terminal sessions to its users. It is used when we are using cloud-based services (like Azure, AWS) for the creation of separate terminals for different remote users.
While working with web services, one needs to create an EC2 instance on the webserver provided by the company to work on it by creating a session.
Now, let’s see the steps of working on a UNIX (Ubuntu) webserver.
Step 1 − Write/copy the IP address of your AWS console and download the key file from the console. You will get these from your vendor or company.
Step 2 − In the key file directory, right-click and open Git Bash. in the console, you have to enter your IP address using the command,
ssh ubuntu@IP_address -i eg
Step 3 − Hit enter and then type the next command,
tmux new-session -s sessionName
To exit session, press Ctrl+b, then D.
Some utility commands for tmux,
List session command: tmux ls
Kill session command: tmux kill-session -t sessionName
- Please share a working example of session maintenance in JSP.
- How to use tmux on Linux?
- Can Selenium interact with an existing browser session?
- Working with Inline CSS
- Working with CSS Units
- isprint() Working with C++
- Working with MongoDB find()
- Working with Docker Volumes
- Working with Docker Swarm
- Working with Azure DevOps
- How to close a browser session in Selenium with python?
- Working with tag in HTML5
- Working with element for CSS
- Working with Images in Python?