- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why is the fare of Rajdhani express more as compared to other trains in the same category?
It's true that the fare of Rajdhani Express Train is atop any other train and wandering about such a whopping price is quite usual. However, there is a reason why this train charge more for the same length of a journey.
1. Food and Catering Charges: Rajdhani and Duronto trains have the facility for food and snacks at the respective times. Three meals comprise dinner, breakfast, and lunch, as well as evening snacks with tea, are served, the charges of which are included in the ticket fare.
2. Speed Charges: There are superfast charges too added in the fare. We all know that Rajdhani takes quite less time to travel from one station to another, due to less intermediate stoppages where it needs to stop for 10–20 mins, in turn eating into total travel time. So, it is the speed what we pay for.
3. Taxes: There are various taxes and cess such as Swach Bharat cess, etc. which are included in the fare.
4. Air Conditioning Facility: The train has all AC coaches which count as an additional facility.
5. Flexi Fare: This is a service introduced in September 2016. The meaning of Flexi Fare is quite introspectable from its name, which accounts for the provision applicable to premium trains such as the Rajdhani, Shatabdi, and Duronto. The scheme allows 10% of the seats to be sold at normal fare initially and later increases the fare slab wise such as by 10% with every 10% of berths sold, with a ceiling of a 50% rise. The scheme led to a lot of revenue being generated at the end of the government which later revised it to provide a 10% rebate on any seat left vacant after the preparation of the chart.
- Why is git branching fast compared to other version control systems?
- Why the constructor name is same as the class name in Java?
- Why Qries is a better platform compared to Quora?
- Increasing memory of traditional database as compared to SAP HANA
- Is Performance Management the Same as Performance Appraisal?
- Why is Sanskrit known as the mother of all languages?
- Why is Visible Learning more effective?
- Which are the fastest trains in India?
- Why the java file name should be always the same as a public class name?
- Count of different ways to express N as the sum of 1, 3 and 4 in C++
- Limitations covered by SAP HANA as compared to conventional database
- Count ways to express a number as sum of powers in C++
- Is Profit After-Tax (PAT) the same as Net Asset?
- Why is cafe culture more prominent in youngsters?