- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do integers in database row tuple have an 'L' suffix in MySQL?
The ‘L’ suffix concept in MySQL can be related with Python. In Python 2, the long integer literal is suffixed with L or l, but int and long have been binded into int in version 3. Therefore, there is no need for L or l.
Adding large numbers in Python Version 3.7 (Python 3), without using any suffix.
Here, if we suffix L or l, Python 3 gives an error.
However, Python Version 2 suffixed with L or l will not give an error.
The following is the output with no error.
Hence, Python int is equal to long type in C language, while Python 3 is just like BigInteger equivalent in java. We cannot assume it has great precision.
So, we can add suffix l or L to get a really large number in MySQL database row tuple when we do not know in advance how many values the user will enter.
Note − Adding suffix L or l in database is used to get a large number.
- Why do you think tuple is an immutable in Python?
- Why do we have mirrors in Lifts?
- Why do Passports have different colours ?
- Why do we need a Database
- Why do humans have fear of dark?
- Why do identical twins have different fingerprints?
- Why we do not have global variables in C#?
- Queries for number of distinct integers in Suffix in C++
- Why do humans have different types of teeth?
- Queries for number of distinct integers in Suffix in C++ Program
- Can we have integers as elements of an enum in Java?
- How to insert a Python tuple in a MySQL database?
- Update an entire row in MySQL?
- Why an interface doesn't have a constructor whereas an abstract class have a constructor in Java?
- Why do teenagers feel they have only rights and no responsibilities?