- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do integers in database row tuple have an 'L' suffix in MySQL?
The ‘L’ suffix concept in MySQL can be related with Python. In Python 2, the long integer literal is suffixed with L or l, but int and long have been binded into int in version 3. Therefore, there is no need for L or l.
Adding large numbers in Python Version 3.7 (Python 3), without using any suffix.
Here, if we suffix L or l, Python 3 gives an error.
However, Python Version 2 suffixed with L or l will not give an error.
The following is the output with no error.
Hence, Python int is equal to long type in C language, while Python 3 is just like BigInteger equivalent in java. We cannot assume it has great precision.
So, we can add suffix l or L to get a really large number in MySQL database row tuple when we do not know in advance how many values the user will enter.
Note − Adding suffix L or l in database is used to get a large number.
- Why do we get warning 'newdata' had 1 row but variables found have X rows while predicting a linear model in R?
- How to Use 'U' and 'L' formatters in Arduino?
- What does 'show processlist' command do in MySQL?
- How to DROP a database in MySQL with character '?' in its name?
- The difference between 'AND' and '&&' in MySQL?
- Why does MySQL refuse pipe ('|') character in string on INSERT INTO?
- Why an interface doesn't have a constructor whereas an abstract class have a constructor in Java?
- How does the 'in' operator work on a tuple in Python?
- What does '?' do in C/C++?
- What does 'weight' do in tkinter?
- What does 'in' operator do in Python?
- What do the terms 'Future' and 'Options' mean in share market?
- Converting date from 'dd/mm/yyyy' to 'yyyymmdd' in MySQL