- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following statements is correct about an aqueous solution of an acid and of a base?
(a) (i) and (iii)
- Higher the pH, stronger the acid
- Higher the pH, weaker the acid
- Lower the pH, stronger the base
- Lower the pH, weaker the base
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (iv)
(d) (ii) and (iv)
Correct Answer: (d) (ii) and (iv)
Explanation: The pH values lie between 0 to 14 in which 0 to 7 is acidic medium and 7 to 14 is alkaline or basic medium.
Strong acid dissociates in an aqueous solution, releasing more hydrogen (H+ ) ions. Therefore has a pH range between 0-3.
Strong bases dissociate nearly completely in water; however, it releases hydroxyl (OH− ) ions. Therefore has a pH range between 12-14.
- What is the effect of hyaluronic acid on skin/health?
- Which out of The Times of India and The Hindu is a better newspaper?
- Which of the following areas data mining technology can be applied?
- How to create boxplot in base R with higher width of the box lines?
- What is the Sudarshan Kriya of the Art of Living organization all about?
- Which property is used in CSS to control the repetition of an image in the background?
- Which property is used in CSS to control the position of an image in the background?
- Which property is used in CSS to control the scrolling of an image in the background?
- What MySQL ELT() function returns if the index number, provided as an argument, is higher than the number of strings?
- How can we get an idea about the server performance from the output of MySQL?
- What is the significance of the StringTokenizer class of the Java? Explain with an example?
- Write about an incident when you made a difference to the lives of the people around you?
- Of the following three phenomena, which one best describes "Paradigm Shift"?