- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
When zinc metal is treated with a dilute solution of a strong acid, a gas is evolved, which is utilised in the hydrogenation of oil. Name the gas evolved. Write the chemical equation of the reaction involved and also write a test to detect the gas formed.
Hydrogen gas is evolved when Zn metal reacts with dilute acids.
The reaction involved is:
$Zn+2HCl⟶ZnCl_2 + H_2$
Test for Hydrogen gas: When this gas is passed through soap solution and a burning splinter is brought near the soap bubble filled with gas, it burns with a pop sound.
- Gas Metal Arc Welding: Working Principle, Advantages and Applications
- What are the components of a typical Gas Turbine Power Plant?
- What is the method with the help of which the hexadecimal value can be treated as a number?
- Interface Arduino with Gas Sensor
- Which oil is better for cooking, mustard oil or coconut oil?
- Which is the most precious metal found in India?
- Is gold a metal, non-metal, or a metalloid? Why is it so expensive?
- Gas Station in C++
- What is the effect of hyaluronic acid on skin/health?
- How is Depreciation treated in the calculation of Cash Flow?
- Check if a string is the typed name of the given name in Python
- What is the maximum length of a table name in MySQL?
- Count of cells in a matrix which give a Fibonacci number when the count of adjacent cells is added in C++
- How to check which element of a list which is a logical list is TRUE in R?
- Which out of The Times of India and The Hindu is a better newspaper?