- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Vernier Calipers and How it is used for Measurement?
Measuring things and distances is one of the important concepts to learn when we are studying maths. For maximum uses, measuring scales do the work quite well and everyone is aware of it how to use one. But the measuring scale only provides a specific level of correctness and once you need exact measurements which lie between two spots on the scale it becomes difficult to get a correct reading without a bit of counterpart.
Also measuring scales are very vulnerable to parallax mistakes which can cause a huge portion of the difference in readings from person to person which is not apt for applications, for example, scientific experiments, the building of tools or parts that need excellent forbearance and navigation etc.
Vernier Calipers are tools which attain that much-required accuracy. The Vernier scale was created in 1631 by French mathematician Pierre Vernier to obtain measurements more exactly than a usual measuring scale. Calipers are measuring objects which can grasp the thing to be measured and give a study which depends on the movement of a measuring scale. The amalgamation of both these things outcome in the birth of the Vernier Calipers, a creation so famous that it is still one of the most hugely used tools.
The Vernier calipers are used to measure the inner and outer breadth of rods and domains and thickness of any sort of object accurately. The Vernier calipers can also be utilized to measure deepness of holes and objects which can be too hard to do with any other scale.
With the starting of the digital age, Vernier calipers have also opened out into digital calipers which depend on electronics to give immediate and even more accurate results.
- What is Screw Gauge and how it is used for measurement?
- What is an array and how is it used for?
- What is an array and what is it used for?
- How do you use Vernier caliper for an accurate measurement of distance?
- What is CSS and why it is used?
- What is HTML5 IndexedDB and why it is used?
- What is a Selector and how it is used in CSS?
- What is Vestigial side band modulation? Why is it used?
- What is postpartum depression and how is it treated?
- What is aqua yoga and how effective is it?
- What is a nebula and how is it formed?
- What is AAA rating and how is it useful?
- What is abnormal return and how is it calculated?
- What is Absolute Return and how is it measured?
- What is Accelerated Depreciation and how is it measured?