- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Type_FORWARD_ONLY ResultSet in JDBC?
A ResultSet interface in JDBC represents the tabular data generated by SQL queries. It has a cursor which points to the current row. Initially, this cursor is positioned before the first row.
You can retrieve the column value at the current row using the getter methods getInt(), getString(), getDate() etc…
To move the cursor and to navigate/iterate through the ResultSet the java.sql.ResultSet interface provides various methods such as next(), Previous(), first(), last(), relative(), absolute(), beforeFirst(), afterLast() etc...
Type_FORWARD_ONLY Only ResultSet
In forward only ResultSet you can move the cursor only in forward direction. By default, a ResultSet is of type forward only.
- Related Articles
- What is ResultSet holdability in JDBC?
- What is TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE ResultSet in JDBC?
- What is TYPE_SCROLL_SENSITIVE ResultSet in JDBC?
- What is ResultSet Concurrency in JDBC?
- What is CONCUR_UPDATABLE ResultSet in JDBC? Explain?
- What is CONCUR_READ_ONLY ResultSet in JDBC? Explain?
- What is Result in JDBC? How to retrieve data from ResultSet object?
- How to insert rows into a ResultSet in JDBC?
- Explain the difference between RowSet and ResultSet in JDBC?
- How to get column count in a ResultSet in JDBC?
- How do you check if a ResultSet is empty or not in JDBC?
- How do you check if a ResultSet is closed or not in JDBC?
- How to Maintain an open ResultSet after commit in JDBC?
- How to get the row count from ResultSet in JDBC
- What are the methods provided by the ResultSet to navigate through it in JDBC?