- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the meaning of the sacred Gayathri Mantra?
Gayatri mantra is a very sacred mantra pertaining to Hindu rituals and beliefs. It is known as the “Mother of Vedas” because when one recites it, one gets all knowledge intact.
The mantra is Aum Bhoor Bhuwah Swaha,
Tat Savitur Vareniyam, Bhargo Devasaya Dheemahi, Dhiyo Yo Naha Prachodyat.
Literal Translation of Gayatri Mantra
Oh God! You are the art the Giver of Life,
and the remover of pain and sorrow,
The harbinger of happiness,
Oh! Creator of the Universe,
May we receive your supreme sin-destroying light,
May you guide our intellect in
the right direction.
The Significance of Gayatri Mantra
The five faced Gayatri Devi is said to govern our five senses. Gayatri also called Savitri- the protector to all those who worship her through his mantra. It is imperative in one’s spiritual and intellectual growth too, as when one chants it, profound wisdom grows in one person.
Chanting of the Mantra
The mantra should be changed to 108 times for obtaining the maximum benefit. In paucity of time, one can chant it an odd number of times say 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 times.
Why Is Chanting 108 Times Considered Good?
12 zodiac signs × 9 planets(earlier) = 108 times. This rational reason accounts for the figure 108.
Chanting this mantra regularly brings peace to oneself and reinforces our ‘Dharma’.
- What is the meaning of medical examination?
- What is the meaning of eCommerce store?
- What is the meaning of supernatural power?
- What is the meaning of background app in Android?
- What is the meaning of <> in MySQL query?
- What is the meaning of a Persistent Cookie in PHP?
- What is the meaning of single underscore prefix with Python variables?
- What is the meaning of immutable in term of String in java?
- What is the meaning of the shloka 'Guru Bramha Guru Vishnu'?
- What is the meaning of the ‘detached HEAD’ state in git?
- What is the meaning of prepended double colon “::” in C++?
- What's the meaning of the phrase 'what you seek is seeking you'?
- What is the meaning of the phrase 'the use of the right vocabulary' for a writing task?
- What is the meaning of ‘empty set’ in MySQL result set?