- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the execution result when a DB2 program is compiled and binded on separate days?
Problem: The DB2 program PROGA was changed and compiled, but it was binded after 3 days. What will happen if we execute this program on the 4th day?
The pre-compiler inserts the current timestamp in the modified source code and in DBRM. In case of modified source code, this timestamp is passed on to the load module and in case of DBRM the timestamp is passed on to the package. At the time of program execution, the timestamp of load module and package is compared. This comparison takes place to ensure that the correct version of package and load module is executed.
As per the given scenario, the compilation is already done and the binding is done after 3 days. The timestamp is inserted during the pre-compilation step and pre-compilation takes place before compilation step. Therefore, the same timestamp was inserted in DBRM as well as in the load module and this will not cause any timestamp mismatch issue. The program will execute without any error.
The BIND has no impact on the timestamp so even if the BIND is done on some other day, the DBRM and modified source code have pre-compilation timestamp and the same timestamp will be passed on to the package and load module respectively. This will not cause any issue during the program execution.
- What is the execution result when a DB2 program is compiled and bound on separate days?
- What is the execution result when non-SQL changes are made in a DB2 program without BIND?
- What is the execution result when non-SQL changes are made in the program without BIND?
- What will be the result if SQLCA is not included in a COBOL-DB2 program?
- Is PHP compiled or interpreted?
- What is the result of count function in the NULL value present in DB2 table?
- Why java is both compiled and interpreted language.
- What is the purpose and usage of SQLCODE within the SQLCA in a COBOL-DB2 program
- What is the use and syntax of SEQUENCE in DB2?
- Perl is Interpreted or Compiled Language?
- What is execution engine in JAVA?
- Implementation of a table level locks in a COBOL-DB2 program during program execution
- What is the usage and purpose of DCLGEN and host variables used in COBOL-DB2 program
- What is the definition and usage of alternate key in a DB2 table?
- What is NULL check and insertion rule in a DB2 table?