- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the difference between Domain Name and URL?
Let us begin by learning about domain names.
A domain name is the theme interpretation of an IP address. An IP address and its related domain name. As with an IP address, the element of a domain name is removed by periods. The text in the domain name up to the first duration identifies the kind of web server.
A domain name is a web resource name that is universally pretended by web servers and online organizations and provides all pertinent destination records. It can access an organization’s internet-based services, website users should understand the precise domain name.
The DNS system is an open worldwide network of database name servers that contains 13 authoritative name servers that serve the DNS root zone method, referred to as "root servers".
A root server is also referred to as a DNS root nameserver. It receives a DNS query that contains a domain name and acknowledges it by managing that request to a top-level domain (TLD) nameserver.
It depends on the TLD of that domain including .com, .net, and .org. It can precisely respond to requests for DNS records in the root zone by returning a convenient list of the authoritative TLD name servers for the suitable TLD that can resolve the primary DNS lookup request for an IP address of that domain name.
URL represents uniform resource identifier. It can indicate the location of a web resource to access the web pages. The URL sends users to a definite resource online including video, webpage, or other resources.
When you search for some query on Google, it will show the various URLs of the resource that are all associated with your search query. The URLs which are shown are the hyperlink to create the web pages.
A URL is placed in the address bar or search bar at the top of the browser window. The URL is continually visible in desktop computers and computers unless your browser is being shown in full screen.
In some smartphones and tablets, when you scroll down the page, the URL will dissolve and only display the domain when visible. It can show the address bar, you are required to scroll up the page and, if only the domain is displayed and you want to view the full address, tapping on the address bar to display the full address.
A URL can be introduced manually by typing it in the address bar of web browser. If the URL does not include a valid server, a browser can show a "Server not found" error and if the path in the URL is incorrect, the browser can show a "404 error". A URL does not include spaces and uses forward slashes to define multiple directories. Therefore, dashes and underscores are used separate the words of an internet address.
- Difference Between URL and Domain Name
- What is the difference Between Trademark and Domain Name?
- What is the difference between URL and Link?
- Difference between Domain and Workgroup
- Differentiate between domain and domain name server and components of DNS
- What is a Domain Name System?
- What is the difference between <jsp:forward page = ... > and response.sendRedirect(url)?
- Difference Between URL and URI
- What is the difference between id and name attributes in HTML?
- Searching a specific domain name from URL records in MongoDB?
- What is the difference between simple name, canonical name and class name in a Java class?
- What are the differences between .com and .org domain?
- What are the differences between .net and .org domain?
- What is the difference between = and: = assignment operators?
- What is the difference between g++ and gcc?