- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference Between URL and Domain Name
59 Lectures 8.5 hours
In this post, we will understand the difference between URL and Domain Name −
The main motive behind a domain name is to make it easy to access a website.
They are generally used to refer to a brand name, to easily identify and remember it.
It is in textual form, and is human-friendly.
It can be understood as a human readable form of an IP address.
It consists of three parts- Top level domain, Intermediate level, and Low level.
Example of a domain name is medium.com
Uniform Resource Locator
If you want to find a particular website URL is best for it because a URL is a complete web address to find a particular website.
It is a string which represents the complete web address of a web page.
It is the string which represents the complete web address, and it also contains the domain name.
It contains the following parts- method, protocol, host name, port, and file path.
Example of a URL is https://www.medium.com/
- What is the difference between Domain Name and URL?
- What is the difference Between Trademark and Domain Name?
- Difference between Domain and Workgroup
- Differentiate between domain and domain name server and components of DNS
- Difference Between URL and URI
- Searching a specific domain name from URL records in MongoDB?
- What is the difference between URL and Link?
- Fetch domain name by passing name in MySQL?
- What is a Domain Name System?
- How to validate domain name in PHP?
- What is the difference between simple name, canonical name and class name in a Java class?
- What is the difference between <jsp:forward page = ... > and response.sendRedirect(url)?
- HTML DOM Input URL name Property
- What are some free domain name suggester tools?