- DBMS Tutorial
- DBMS - Home
- DBMS - Overview
- DBMS - Architecture
- DBMS - Data Models
- DBMS - Data Schemas
- DBMS - Data Independence
- Entity Relationship Model
- DBMS - ER Model Basic Concepts
- DBMS - ER Diagram Representation
- DBMS - Generalization, Aggregation
- Relational Model
- DBMS - Codd's Rules
- DBMS - Relational Data Model
- DBMS - Relational Algebra
- DBMS - ER to Relational Model
- DBMS- SQL Overview
- Relational Database Design
- DBMS - Database Normalization
- DBMS - Database Joins
- Storage and File Structure
- DBMS - Storage System
- DBMS - File Structure
- Indexing and Hashing
- DBMS - Indexing
- DBMS - Hashing
- Transaction And Concurrency
- DBMS - Transaction
- DBMS - Concurrency Control
- DBMS - Deadlock
- Backup and Recovery
- DBMS - Data Backup
- DBMS - Data Recovery
- DBMS Useful Resources
- DBMS - Quick Guide
- DBMS - Useful Resources
- DBMS - Discussion
What is an expression tree in DBMS?
Expression tree is also called a query tree. It demonstrates an evaluation plan.
Consider an evaluation plan for the given query −
Select name from customer, account where customer.name=account.name and account.balance>2000;
There are two evaluation plans −
The expression trees for the above evaluation plans are as follows −
Cost evaluator evaluates the cost of different evaluation plans and chooses the evaluation plan with lowest cost. Disk access time, CPU time, number of operations, number of tuples, size of tuples are considered for cost calculations.
- Related Articles
- B+ Tree in DBMS
- What is an instance in DBMS?
- What is an ER model in DBMS?
- C++ Program to Construct an Expression Tree for a Postfix Expression
- Python Program to Construct an Expression Tree of a given Expression
- Algorithm to construct an Expression Tree in Data Structure
- What is an Entity relationship model in DBMS?
- What is an optimistic concurrency control in DBMS?
- C++ Program to Construct an Expression Tree for a given Prefix Expression
- What is an algebraic expression?
- What is B-tree and explain the reasons for using it (DBMS)?
- Evaluation of Expression Tree in C++
- Expression Tree with Example in C++
- Program to build and evaluate an expression tree using Python
- How to create a B-Tree in DBMS?