- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the methods of Multi-factor authorization?
MFA is an authentication feature which enables the user to access a specific application, account or website only after supporting two or more verification evidences. In another words, it is an approach to ensure that the person attempting to log into an account is truly the owner of that account.
Multi-factor authentication is generally known for supporting an additional defense and creating it more complex for an unauthorized person to access a network or database. It can implementing a strong MFA solution instantly secures information and IT resources against identity theft, account spoofing and phishing.
There are various methods of Multi-factor authorization which are as follows −
Mobile device application “Push” method
The most popular method to get that second form of authentication is through a “push” to an application on the cellular device. There are several authenticator apps that are free and easy to install and even easier to use for authentication.
The main advantage of this method is that an attacker not only has to negotiate the password, but also has to have physical access to the mobile device and has to be capable to log in to that device.
Risk-based authentication − Sometimes is also known as adaptive multi-factor authentication. In this method, it can combines adaptive authentication and algorithms that compute risk and observe the element of definite login requests. The objective of this method is to decrease redundant logins and support a more userfriendly workflow.
For users with several logins for several systems, risk-based authentication can be a key time-saver. However, it needed software that understand how users communicate with a system and IT knowledge to deploy and manage.
Location-based and time-based − Authentication systems can use GPS ensemble, network parameters, and metadata for the structure in use, and device identification for MFA. Adaptive authentication connect these data points with historical or dependent user information.
These factors have the benefit of working in the background, with small input required of users, which defines they don't impede productivity. But they needed software and expertise to use, they are generally applicable for high organizations with the resources to handle them.
SMS Code Method − This method also need the mobile device but it doesn’t need an application. Therefore, it operates with non-smartphones. If it can install this method of MFA, when it can log in with the username and password.
In this method, the account server will send the mobile phone a text message with a one-time code. It will then type that code into the website or device portal where it can entered the password.
Physical Token − A physical “token” is a small device that frequently makes codes in the same method that an authentication app on the mobile device would. It can operate only as well but it has the added downside that it can have to maintain track of this another device.
- What are the advantage of Multi-factor authorization?
- What are the disadvantage of Multi-factor authentication?
- What are the types of multi-factor authentication?
- What is Multi-Factor Authentication in Information Security?
- What is the difference between Two-factor Authentication and Multi-factor Authentication in Information Security?
- How does multi-factor authentication work?
- What are the methods of separation
- What are the methods of clustering?
- What are the methods of Text Retrieval?
- What are the methods of Audio Steganography?
- What are the methods of outlier detection?
- What are the different methods of contraception?
- What is the difference between Authentication and Authorization?
- What are the causes and disadvantages of Low Power Factor?
- What are the important methods of the SQLException class?