- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are Microwaves? What are they used for?
Electromagnetic Spectrum has all the ranges of electromagnetic radiation. Radiation is the energy that travels and spreads out, as it propagates. Of all the waves, Microwaves are a special type of electromagnetic radiation that is used in many ways from cooking simple popcorn to study the nearby galaxies !!!
There are a wide variety of applications for Microwaves, which are not possible for other radiations. They are:
For long distance telephone calls
In Outdoor broadcasting transmissions
In broadcast auxiliary services
Remote pickup unit
Direct broadcast satellite (DBS)
Personal communication systems (PCSs)
Wireless local area networks (WLANs)
Cellular video systems (CV)
Automobile collision avoidance system
Fast jitter-free switches
ECM/ECCM (Electronic countermeasure) systems
Spread spectrum systems
Garage door openers
Police speed detectors
Identification by non-contact methods
Cell phones, Pagers, Wireless LANs
Satellite television, XM Radio
Global Navigation Satellite systems use microwaves.
Global positioning system GPS
Military and Radar
Radar uses microwaves for detection of range and speed of the target.
Air traffic control
Navigation of ships
For Minesweeping applications
Speed limit enforcement
Military uses microwave frequencies for communications and for the above-mentioned applications.
Cosmic microwave background radiation can be marked.
Powerful waves in the universe can be detected.
Many radiations in the universe and earth’s atmosphere are detected.
Microwave ovens used for reheating and cooking
Food processing applications
Roasting food grains/beans
Drying potato chips
Absorbs water molecules
Analytical chemistry applications
Drying and reactions processes made short
Chemical vapor processing
Breaking up coal seams
Curing of cement
Inactive denial systems
Semiconductor Processing Techniques
Reactive ion etching
Chemical vapor deposition
Electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR or ESR) spectroscopy
To know about unpaired electrons in chemicals
To know the free radicals in materials
Used in electron chemistry
Lung water detection
Microwave Acoustic imaging
The Microwaves are extensively used nowadays.
- What are Terrestrial Microwaves in computer networks?
- What are Satellite Microwaves in computer networks?
- What are native methods in Java and where are they used?
- What are Anti-Spoofing Techniques? How are They Used to Stop DDoS Attacks?
- What are ball bearings? How and where are they used? Explain with an image.
- What are blue coloured bins used for?
- What are villi? Where are they located? What are their functions?
- What is Microwaves Transmission?
- What are the Biometric techniques used for identification?
- What Are Root Nodules ? How They Are Helpful
- What are the 3 laws of motion and how they are used in the chapter of gravity?
- What Are Krugerrands and What Do They Mean?
- What are A-shares and how are they traded?
- What are contra entries and how are they recorded?