- Sublime Text Tutorial
- Sublime Text - Home
- Sublime Text – Introduction
- Sublime Text – Installation
- Sublime Text – Data Directory
- Creating First Document
- Editing First Text Document
- Patterns of Code Editing
- Sublime Text – Sublime Linter
- Sublime Text – Shortcuts
- Sublime Text – Snippets
- Sublime Text – Macros
- Sublime Text – Key Bindings
- Sublime Text – Column Selection
- Sublime Text – Indentation
- Sublime Text – Base Settings
- Sublime Text – Theme Management
- Understanding Vintage Mode
- Sublime Text – Vintage Commands
- Sublime Text – Testing Python Code
- Sublime Text – Spell Check
- Sublime Text – Packages
- Sublime Text – Menus
- Sublime Text – Sub Menus of Font
- Sublime Text – Developing Plugin
- Sublime Text – Command Palette
- Debugging PHP Application
- Sublime Text – Batch Processing
- Distraction Free Mode
- SublimeCodeIntel Plugin
- Sublime Text Useful Resources
- Sublime Text - Quick Guide
- Sublime Text - Useful Resources
- Sublime Text - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Sublime Text - Base Settings
Base settings of the Sublime Text editor are the configuration needed for editor such as font size, display of line numbers or color scheme of the editor.
All the base settings are configured in JSON format. To view the list of settings, go to menu of Preferences -> Settings.
The settings include two types of configurations namely −
Default includes all the default configurations and user defines the customized settings for base settings.
For the scenario mentioned above, the customized settings are as mentioned below −
"font_size": 15, "ignored_packages": [ "Vintage" ]
Categories of Settings
Various categories of the settings in Sublime Text are as follows −
These include the basic settings for editing the files of the code base. Examples include font_face, font_size and tab_size. The settings are present in the default configuration.
User Interface Settings
These include the general settings which specifically focus on background, theme and various color combinations. These settings are appended in the second section of the default configuration.
These settings focus on behavior of the application included in Sublime Text editor across open windows. These settings are included in the third section of default configuration settings.
Syntax - Specific Settings
These settings are used for designing the syntax of Sublime Text editor. To get the list of syntax specific settings, the user needs to use option Preferences − Syntax-Specific.