- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Salvatore Ferragamo: A Name of Designing and Innovation
Salvatore Ferragamo was a famous Italian shoe designer who changed the way people wore footwear. His time of reign was during the 1930s, when Ferragamo gained his reputation for his creative work. He inspired the world with his astonishing shaping of crocodile, kangaroo and fish skin into brilliant looking shoes.
Images Coming soon
Who is Salvatore Ferragamo?
Salvatore Ferragamo was an Italian shoemaker and designer. He was the one who changed the fate of his family when he recognized his calling as a shoemaker. In his early years, he made shoes for his sisters. He then pursued his career further in the shoemaking industry and decided to take a big step by moving into Hollywood, which gave him all the fame. His main goal was that his shoes should be known not only for style but also for comfort, and he worked for the same. Moving out of his comfort zone, he designed his first handbag to hold his tools, which can be sported even today.
Designing a Career
Salvatore Ferragamo’s journey started at an early age when he made his first pair of shoes for himself. Then, the interest and curiosity in the designing field grew, and Ferragamo stepped into the world of shoe designing. Salvatore completed his studies in Naples, and then he migrated to Boston in order to help his brother’s shoemaking business. Later on, Ferragamo shifted to Hollywood, where he opened his own shoe shop and gathered a good amount of success. After gaining thirteen years of expertise in the field, Ferragamo returned to Italy in 1927. In this phase of his career, he focused on targeting prominent women, which included the Maharani of Cooch Behar, Eva Peron, and Marilyn Monroe. Ferragamo’s company, “The Rainbow,” was launched in 1938. His designs were liked by various celebrities, like American singer and actress “Judy Garland”.
Salvatore Ferragamo died in 1960. His body might have gone, but he left his footprints behind. Thereafter, Ferragamo’s work of shoe making and designing was expanded to include luxury shoes, bags, eyewear, silk accessories, watches, and perfumes. Of all his works, “Cage Heel” is the most famous. In 2013, “Ferragamo’s fashion house,” Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A., was established with the ideas of Ferragamo.
Salvatore Ferragamo amazed people with his creative inventions. Ferragamo has a total of 300 patents for his inventions. Some of his most famous inventions are listed below.
1. The creative work which gave him universal recognition was the invention of the high metal stud. With a penchant for experimentation, Ferragamo created a square heel as well as a wedge-shaped heel.
2. With the will to learn and improve himself in the work of designing, Ferragamo studied different subjects, including anatomy, mathematics, and engineering. He believed the knowledge gained from these subjects helped him make more comfortable shoes.
3. Ferragamo believed that red was the color of love, which inspired him to create red-centered shoes for his pairs. His idea of making these shoes came from the combination of the colourful landscapes of Italy, the Mexican influence after life in California and the Renaissance murals of Florence.
Images Coming soon
4. Kimo shoes are another of his well-known inventions. Ferragamo invented special types of shoes, which were transmuted into different shapes by the toes. This work by Ferragamo was presented at the fashion show in 1951.
The Story of Logo
A logo plays a very important role in any business. A brand is known by its logo, which makes it noticeable. Salvatore Ferragamo’s logo has a meaning, which makes its story more interesting.
This was the first time the company used their handwritten logo. The logo consisted of the name and surname of Ferragamo.
The logo had geometric figures in the background, which were created by Lucio Venna. The logo was quite creative and fashionable.
At this time, the logo was quite a signature for Ferragamo. It had thick and bold lines, and the font was handwritten.
With the modification, the logo came in black and white. It had the name of the designer in “Made in Italy” font.
During this time, the company came up with the handwritten style font. The logo was like a signature in black and white.
Ferragamo’s current logo is bold and in a handwritten font. The bold font shows the confidence of the company. It has a dark red background with a white logo.
He left his legacy to the world, and his creative inventions changed the perspective for everyone. However, after his death, Ferragamo’s eldest daughter, Fiamma, took over his business and continued his legacy. His work will remain in everyone’s heart forever.
- How are Companies Designing Computer Vision?
- What is the method for designing an Individual Fact Table?
- What is the difference between simple name, canonical name and class name in a Java class?
- Differentiate between domain and domain name server and components of DNS
- MySQL query to select a random row value (Id and Name) having multiple occurrences (Name)?
- Update a MongoDB document with Student Id and Name
- Python program to print the initials of a name with last name in full?
- Java program to print the initials of a name with last name in full
- Check if a string is the typed name of the given name in Python
- MySQL query to display columns name first name, last name as full name in a single column?
- Validate the first name and last name with Java Regular Expressions
- Get the name of the file and path in Java