- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Getting started with psycopg2-PostgreSQL
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to use PostgreSQL with Python. You have to install certain thing before going into the tutorial. Let's install them.
Install the PostgreSQL with the guide..
Install the Python module psycopg2 for PostgreSQL connection and working. Run the command to install it.
pip install psycopg2
Now, open the pgAdmin. And create a sample database. Next, follow the below steps to get started with database operations.
- Import the psycopg2 module.
- Store the database name, username, and password in separate variables.
- Make a connection to the database using psycopg2.connect(database=name, user=name, password=password) method.
- Instantiate a cursor object to execute SQL commands.
- Create queries and execute them with cursor.execute(query) method.
- And get the information using cursor.fetchall() method if available.
- Close the connection using connection.close() method.
If you run the above code, then you will get the following result.
If you have any doubts in the tutorial, mention them in the comment section.
- Python - Getting started with SymPy module
- Getting started with coding
- Getting Started with C++ in Visual Studio
- Rust programming language – Getting Started
- Contributing to Open Source : Getting Started in C++
- Get Started With Selenium and Python Automation
- How to Get Started with C++ Programming?
- How do I get started with Node.js?
- Aliasing in PostgreSQL?
- Who started the #MeToo revolution?
- CASE WHEN in PostgreSQL?
- Getting console.log output from Chrome with Selenium Python API bindings.
- Getting current time in Python
- Getting formatted time in Python
- How to Install and Get Started with Symfony 2 on Ubuntu