- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Python Environment Variables
Here are important environment variables, which can be recognized by Python −
|Sr.No.||Variable & Description|
It has a role similar to PATH. This variable tells the Python interpreter where to locate the module files imported into a program. It should include the Python source library directory and the directories containing Python source code. PYTHONPATH is sometimes preset by the Python installer.
It contains the path of an initialization file containing Python source code. It is executed every time you start the interpreter. It is named as .pythonrc.py in Unix and it contains commands that load utilities or modify PYTHONPATH.
It is used in Windows to instruct Python to find the first case-insensitive match in an import statement. Set this variable to any value to activate it.
It is an alternative module search path. It is usually embedded in the PYTHONSTARTUP or PYTHONPATH directories to make switching module libraries easy.
- CGI Environment Variables in Python
- MySQL Environment Variables
- Perl CGI Environment Variables
- What are environment variables available in Python CGI Programming?
- C program to print environment variables
- Setting MySQL Environment Variables on Linux
- Retrieve environment variables with Java Map Collection
- How to Set environment variables using PowerShell?
- How to Use Environment Variables in Postman?
- Python Virtual Environment
- How do I pass environment variables to Docker containers?
- What Environment Variables are required to set in Java Applications?
- How to take the backup of environment variables using PowerShell?
- Where can I set environment variables that crontab will use?
- How to set JAVA_HOME environment variables on Windows OS in Java?