Project Human Resource Management
Here is a list of sample questions which would help you to understand the pattern of questions on Project Human Resource Management being asked in PMP Certification Exams.
(1) From HR perspective, the project manager's responsibility in the planning role includes:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 264 Sec 9.1.3 Plan Human Resource Management: Outputs
(2) Expert power is the power that comes from the amount of knowledge a person has obtained in a specific area. This type of power is:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 16, Sec 1.7 Role of the Project Manager
(3) To successfully motivate a team in today's high tech - high demand environment, which motivational theories should the PM use to maintain a happy, productive team?
Hint: These theories are finding widespread acceptance in today's business environment.
(4) To successfully manage a project, the project manager must play both a manager and leadership role. In a manager's role, the project manager will do all but which of the following:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 257, Fig 9-4
(5) To be successful in a functional organization, the PM must rely on:
Hint: Referent power is based on the authority extended by a more powerful person. A project manager can exercise the power given by project sponsor to take decisions in the project interest.
(6) Which form of power is the LEAST effective from the project manager's viewpoint in terms of influencing functional managers?
Hint: Penalty is the least effective forms of influencing and should not be used at all, if possible.
(7) The Project manager should be able to fulfill the role of:
Hint: A project manager is responsible for collective project success. Refer PMBOK 5, Page 16, Sec 1.7 Role of the Project Manager
(8) The most successful project manager usually:
Hint: A project manager must have experience in working on projects in various roles including the role of a project manager.
(9) Which of the following is an important action that must be taken by top management when implementing project management in an organization?
Hint: It is important for project success that all stakeholders agree on the importance of project management concepts and theories.
(10) The project manager has the most authority in the __________________ type of organization.
Hint: Refer PMBOK 5, Page 22 Table 2-1 Influence of Organizational Structures on Projects; Page 556, Projectized organizatio
(11) The process that organize, manage, and lead the project team for the completion of a project is called
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 255, 1st Paragraph
(12) For the following Project Human Resource Management Processes
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Develop Project Team
- Acquire Project Team
- Manage Project Team
The correct sequence is:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 255, Fig-9-1
(13) Which of the following techniques is not used in the process of Plan Human Resource Management?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 257, Fig 9-1, Sec 9.1
(14) The various inputs used while executing the process of Develop Project Team includes all but
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 257, Sec 9.3
(15) The process of Manage project team uses which of the following inputs in its execution?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 257, Sec 9.4
(16) The process of identifying and documenting project roles, responsibilities, required skills, reporting relationships, and creating a staffing management plan is known as
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 257, Sec 9.1
(17) The information used for the development of the human resource management plan includes all except
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 259, Sec 9.1.1
(18) The concept that provides information regarding the way in which people, teams, and organizational units behave is known as
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 263, Sec 184.108.40.206
(19) The phase of team building where the team begins to address the project work, technical decisions, and the project management approach is known as
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 276, Sec 220.127.116.11
(20) The Conflict Management approach that is used for emphasizing upon the areas of agreement rather than areas of differences conceding one's position to the needs of others to maintain harmony and relationships is called
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 283