Here is a list of sample questions which would help you to understand the pattern of questions on Project Communication Management being asked in PMP Certification Exams.
(1) Which of the following can cause a conflict?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 282, Sec 184.108.40.206 Conflict Management
(2) Most of the project manager's external communication comprises:
Hint: Written communication is the best form to maintain documented evidence of what was communicated.
(3) The critical element in a project's communication system is the:
Hint: Project manager is responsible for executing and facilitating all the project-related communication.
(4) Communication management:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 294, Figure 10-4. Basic Communication Model
(5) Truly effective communication:
Hint: Project communication doesn't need a communication professional or expert. It is every member's responsibility to communicate with the project manager who facilitates all the communication.
(6) Methods of transmitting information include:
Hint: Telepathy is not an advisable method of transmitting information in Project Management
(7) A project management information system consists of:
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 92, Sec 220.127.116.11 Project Management Information System
(8) The process of communication contains four major parts. Which part is the vehicle or method used to convey the message?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 293 Sec 10.1.2.3 Communication Models
(9) The contemporary view of conflict is that:
Hint: Conflicts can help arrive at better solutions. : PMBOK 5, Page 518 X3.10 Conflict Management
(10) Approximately what percentage of the project manager's time is spent in some form of communication, such as: conferences, meetings, writing memos, reading and preparing reports, and talking with project team members, upper management, and all other stalk holders?
Hint: Nearly 90 percent of a manager's time is spent in communication
(11) What is the term used for processes that are required to ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management , control monitoring, and the ultimate disposition of project information?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 287
(12) Which of the following processes of Project Communications Management involves developing an appropriate approach and plan for project communications based on stakeholder's information needs and requirements, and available organizational assets?
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 287, Section 10.1
(13) The inputs used in the process of Plan Communications Management includes all except
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 288, Section 10.1
(14) The tools and techniques used in the process of Manage Communications excludes
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 288, Section 10.2
(15) The output of the Control Communications Process includes all except
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 288, Section 10.3
(16) The results of the Plan Communications Management Process should be reviewed regularly throughout the project and revised as needed to ensure continued applicability. The statement is
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 290
(17) The choice of communication technology is not affected by
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 292, Section 10.1.2.2
(18) The type of Communication Methods tool that uses very large volume of information ,or for very large audience, and requires the recipients to access the communication content at their own discretion is called
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 295.
(19) The process of creating, collecting, distributing, storing, retrieving, and the ultimate disposition of project information in accordance to the communications management plan is called
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 297, Section 10.2
(20) An arrangement that provides a set of standard tools for the project manager to capture, store and distribute information to stakeholders about the project's costs, schedule progress, and performance is known as
Hint: PMBOK 5, Page 306, Section 10.3.2.1