- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is the product of 6 negative and 12 positive integers?
While multiplying numbers, we should know
positive × positive = positive integer
negative ×positive = negative integer
negative × negative= positive integer
Whenever we multiply negative integers, even number of times, then we get a positive integer. so (-1) x (-1) x (-1) x(-1) = +1. ( multiplied 4 times which even)
Whenever we multiply negative integers, odd number of times, then we get a negative integer. so (-1) x (-1) x (-1) = -1. ( multiplied 3 times which odd)
In your question, we are multiplying 6 negative integers. 6 is an even number so their product is positive.
12 positive integers will also give a positive integer.
So product of 6 negative and 12 positive integers is positive.
- Related Articles
- Prove that the product of three consecutive positive integers is divisible by 6.
- Check whether product of integers from a to b is positive, negative or zero in Python
- “The product of three consecutive positive integers is divisible by 6”. Is this statement true or false? Justify your answer.
- Write a pair of integers whose product is -12 and there lies seven integers between them.
- Prove that the product of two consecutive positive integers is divisible by 2.
- How can we subtract two positive or negative integers?
- What is gram positive and gram negative bacteria?
- What will be the sign of the product, if we multiply 90 negative integer and 9 positive integer?
- Prove that difference between two negative integers will be greater than the integers, and the sum of two negative integers is less than the integers.
- Three consecutive positive integers are such that the sum of the square of the first and the product of other two is 46, find the integers.
- Three consecutive positive integers are such that the sum of the square of the first and the product of the other two is 46. Find the integers.
- Find the sum of the first 40 positive integers divisible by 6.
- (a) Write a pair of negative integers whose difference gives $8$.(b) Write a negative integer and a positive integer whose sum is $-5$.(c) Write a negative integer and a positive integer whose difference is $-3$.
- Why negative multiplied by negative is positive?
- What are the positive and negative impacts of a working mother?