- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Mention advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power plant.
Advantages of Nuclear Power plants:
1) Nuclear reactions release a huge amount of energy. Hence, a large amount of electricity can be generated in a Nuclear power plant.
2) Nuclear power plants do not generate any greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide , ozone, methane, etc.). This is the main advantage of nuclear power plants
3) We have abundant reserves of Uranium on earth. Uranium is used as fuel for nuclear power plants.
Disadvantages of Nuclear Power plants:
1) The waste produced after nuclear reactions contains unstable elements and is highly radioactive. It is very dangerous to the environment as well as human health. The nuclear waste remains dangerous even for hundreds of years
2) It is very expensive to set up nuclear power plants. They require huge investments.
- Related Articles
- Nuclear Power Plant – Working, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Diesel Power Plant – Operation, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Hydroelectric Power Plant – Parts, Working, Advantages & Disadvantages
- Gas Turbine Power Plant – Parts, Working, Advantages and Disadvantages
- Difference between Thermal Power Plant and Nuclear Power Plant
- Use of Markers in Plant Breeding (Advantages and Disadvantages)
- (a) What are the advantages of nuclear energy?(b) State the disadvantages of nuclear energy?
- Thermal Power Station – Definition, Working, Efficiency, Advantages & Disadvantages
- What are the components of a typical Nuclear Power Plant?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Subnetting
- Advantages and Disadvantages of VoIP
- Advantages and Disadvantages of ESS
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Teleconferencing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of VoLTE