- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How water harvesting is useful in today's scenario?
Rainwater harvesting is the simple process used to conserve rainwater by collecting, storing, conveying and purifying of rainwater that runs off from rooftops, parks, roads, open grounds for later use.
Water Harvesting is useful in today's scenario as-
1. It helps in reducing the cost of the water bill.
2. It promotes water and energy conservation.
3. It improves the quality and quantity of groundwater.
4. It does not require a filtration system for landscape irrigation.
5. It reduces soil erosion, stormwater runoff, flooding, and pollution of surface water with fertilizers, pesticides, metals and other sediments.
6. It is a source of water for landscape irrigation with no chemicals and dissolved salts and free from all minerals.
- Related Articles
- What is Rain Water Harvesting?
- What is meant by water harvesting ? How is it done?
- Why water is useful?
- How is sulphur useful in agriculture? How is sulphur useful in medicine?
- What is a Test Scenario?
- What is rainwater harvesting? What is the need of rainwater harvesting? Mention any four rainwater harvesting structures.
- What is the Scenario Outline keyword in Cucumber?
- What Is Water Harvesting? List Two Main Advantages Associated with Water Harvesting at The Community Level. Write Two Causes for The Failure of Sustained Availability of Groundwater.
- What is rainwater harvesting? Describe the method of rainwater harvesting.
- How is plastic useful in healthcare industry?
- What is Scenario Analysis and what is its importance?
- List two advantages associated with water harvesting at the community level.
- How the neural network is useful in classification?
- What is fermentation? How is it useful?
- How UV treatment can be useful for turning wastewater into clean water?