- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
List two advantages associated with water harvesting at the community level.
Water harvesting is a very crucial method for the preservation of clean water as due to the growing demand for clean water, scarcity had increased and resulted in the depletion of groundwater. This method is simple, cost-effective, and eco-friendly in nature.
The various advantages of water stored under the ground are:
(i) Groundwater does not evaporate like open water bodies such as rivers and lakes.
(ii) Groundwater also helps in recharging wells by increasing their water level.
(iii) It also provides moisture for the vegetation over a vast area as roots can absorb the groundwater and provide for growing crops.
(iv) As groundwater is well protected beneath the ground, it is protected from contamination by animals, and human wastes and also prevents the breeding of insects.
Rainwater harvesting is the method of collection and preservation of clean rainwater directly from the roof and transferring it to the underground constructed tanks that be pumped out for future use.]
- Related Articles
- What Is Water Harvesting? List Two Main Advantages Associated with Water Harvesting at The Community Level. Write Two Causes for The Failure of Sustained Availability of Groundwater.
- What are solar cells? Explain the structure of solar panel. List two principal advantages associated with solar cells.
- What is the role of local community media in strengthening democracy at the grassroot level?
- The Bishnoi community of Rajasthan is associated with the conservation of:(a) coal and petroleum (b) forests and wildlife (c) water resources (d) abiotic environment
- Explain vegetative propagation with the help of two examples. List two advantages of vegetative propagation.
- What is Rain Water Harvesting?
- (a) What is meant by rainwater harvesting? Name some of the ancient structures used for rainwater harvesting by the rural people.(b) What are the various advantages of water stored in the ground?
- At the union level the prime minister heads the government; at the state level, the chief ministers head the government; who heads the government at the district level?
- (a) State the advantages of constructing dams across the rivers(b) Describe some of the problems associated with the construction of dams.
- How water harvesting is useful in today's scenario?
- What is meant by water harvesting ? How is it done?
- Can a Community Contain Two Populations of the Same Species?
- Water cycle does not involve which of the following?EvaporationCondensationFormation of cloudsRainwater harvesting
- What is rainwater harvesting? Describe the method of rainwater harvesting.
- What is meant by biopersity? List two advantages of conserving forests and wildlife.