- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How many systems does a flowering plant have? Name and explain them.
A flowering plant has 2 systems:
1. The Root System
2. The Shoot System
1) Composed of roots, tubers, and rhizoids of the plant.
2) Parts of the plant grow into the ground.
3) Functions include absorbing water and minerals from the ground and providing support to the plant on the ground.
4) Cannot be used as timber.
1) composed of leaves, buds, flowers, and fruits of the plant.
2) Parts of the plant growing above the ground.
3) Photosynthesis, transport of materials, and reproductions are important functions.
4) Can be used as timber.
A taproot is a large, thick, central, dominant root, tapering in shape, growing straight and directly downward from which other roots grow in a lateral manner.
A fibrous root system consists of a thick network of roots that develop near to the topsoil surface.
It is often composed of fine, slightly branching roots that grow from the stem.
It is the opposite of a taproot system, since the roots do not enter the soil as deeply, but instead form a dense root network that is effective at keeping the soil together.
This root system is common for all monocotyledonous plants including ferns.
- Related Articles
- How many sides does a cube have?
- How many bones does a baby have?
- How many states does a matter have?
- How many systems of the human body have? Give examples of each other them. Define their importance.
- Name the two main systems found in a plant.
- How many poles does a cylindrical magnet have ?
- How many diagonals does a convex quadrilateral have?
- How many bones does Girl body have?
- How Many Elements Does Periodic Table Have??
- How many bones does an adult person have?
- Does the eye have many colours?
- Does every mineral have a definite and a fixed composition? Explain.
- (a) How many types of blood vessels are there in the human body ? Name them.(b) Why does the heart need valves ?
- How many types of gases are present? Explain each of them briefly?