- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the HCF and LCM of numbers.
A factor is a number that divides into another number exactly and without leaving a remainder.
Factors of 12 = 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12
A prime number has only two factors - the number itself and 1.
Prime factors of 12
12 = 2 x 2 x 3
HCF or highest common factor of two or more numbers is the greatest common factor present in those two or more numbers
Example: HCF of 15 and 25 is 5
LCM or lowest common multiple of two or more numbers is the least number that is divisible by those two or more numbers
LCM of 6, 15, 24 is 120
- Related Articles
- Explain the HCF and LCM.
- Explain HCF and LCM.
- Find HCF and LCM of 404 and 96 and verify that HCF$×$LCM $ =$ Product of the two given numbers.
- Find the LCM and HCF of the following pair of integers and verify that LCM $\times$ HCF $=$ Product of two numbers:96 and 104.
- Find the LCM and HCF of the following pair of integers and verify that $LCM \times HCF =$ Product of two numbers : 36 and 64.
- What is the relation between the HCF and the LCM of numbers?
- Can two numbers have 15 as their HCF and 200 as their LCM ? explain
- HCF and LCM
- The LCM of two numbers is 270 and their HCF is 45. Find the product of the numbers
- Find HCF of 93 and 16 and from HCF find the LCM
- The product of two numbers is 1650 and their HCF is 11. Find the LCM of these numbers.
- The product of two numbers is 1530 and their HCF is 15. Find the LCM of these numbers.
- The product of two numbers is 1944 and their LCM is 108. Find the HCF of the two numbers.
- Find the LCM and HCF of 13 and 17.
- Find the LCM and HCF of 16 and 24.