- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
States of matter:Is matter everywhere? What kinds of matter we have ?
Matter is everything around us that has mass and volume. Matter can exist in any size. Air, water, sugar, milk, carbon, steel, wood, petrol, book are all examples of matter.
Atoms are the basic building blocks of matter, which combine to form molecules. Every atom comprises a nucleus ( containing protons and neutrons) and an electron shell (containing electrons).
- Related Articles
- What are the states of matter?
- How many states does a matter have?
- What are the three states of matter?
- On what basis are three states of matter?
- State different states of matter with an example.
- What evidence do we have for the origin of life from inanimate matter?
- (a) What are the two ways in which the physical states of matter can be changed?(b) Draw the 'states of matter triangle' to show the interconversion of states of matter.(c) How can the evaporation of a liquid be made faster?
- Name the three states of matter. Give one example of each.
- (a) Define matter. Give four examples of matter.(b) What are the characteristics of matter?
- Explain the rigidity and intermolecular forces of the three states of matter.
- What is the meaning of matter?
- What is the structure of matter?
- What is Matter?
- What is the general name of :(a) rigid form of matter?(b) fluid forms of matter?
- What are the building blocks of matter?