- Python Basic Tutorial
- Python - Home
- Python - Overview
- Python - Environment Setup
- Python - Basic Syntax
- Python - Comments
- Python - Variables
- Python - Data Types
- Python - Operators
- Python - Decision Making
- Python - Loops
- Python - Numbers
- Python - Strings
- Python - Lists
- Python - Tuples
- Python - Dictionary
- Python - Date & Time
- Python - Functions
- Python - Modules
- Python - Files I/O
- Python - Exceptions
- Python Advanced Tutorial
- Python - Classes/Objects
- Python - Reg Expressions
- Python - CGI Programming
- Python - Database Access
- Python - Networking
- Python - Sending Email
- Python - Multithreading
- Python - XML Processing
- Python - GUI Programming
- Python - Further Extensions
Modifying tuple contents with list in Python
When it is required to modify the list of tuple, the 'zip' method and the list comprehension can be used.
The zip method takes iterables, aggregates them into a tuple, and returns it as the result.
The list comprehension is a shorthand to iterate through the list and perform operations on it.
A list can be used to store heterogeneous values (i.e data of any data type like integer, floating point, strings, and so on). A list of tuple basically contains tuples enclosed in a list.
Below is a demonstration for the same −
my_list_1 = [('Hi', 1), ('there', 2), ('Jane', 3)] my_list_2 = [45, 67, 21] print("The first list is : ") print(my_list_1) print("The second list is : " ) print(my_list_2) my_result = [(i, j) for i, j in zip(my_list_1, my_list_2)] print("The modified list of tuple is : ") print(my_result)
The first list is : [('Hi', 1), ('there', 2), ('Jane', 3)] The second list is : [45, 67, 21] The modified list of tuple is : [('Hi', 45), ('there', 67), ('Jane', 21)]
- A list of tuple is defined, and is displayed on the console.
- Another list is defined, and is displayed on the console.
- Both these lists are zipped, and iterated over.
- It is then converted to a list.
- This operation's data is stored in a variable.
- This variable is the output that is displayed on the console.
- Related Articles
- Dictionary creation using list contents in Python
- Flatten tuple of List to tuple in Python
- Combinations of sum with tuples in tuple list in Python
- Python – Cross Pairing in Tuple List
- Why python returns tuple in list instead of list in list?
- Maximum element in tuple list in Python
- Python - Join tuple elements in a list
- List vs tuple vs dictionary in Python
- Difference Between List and Tuple in Python
- Grouped summation of tuple list in Python
- Python – Concatenate Rear elements in Tuple List
- Kth Column Product in Tuple List in Python
- Update each element in tuple list in Python
- Python Grouped summation of tuple list¶
- Extract digits from Tuple list Python