- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Linux – How to resolve the error "can't connect to Docker daemon"
It is one of the commonly known errors that the new users can get when trying to start Docker on a daemon process. This error usually comes up when you try to run the following command in your terminal
The docker-compose in the above command is a tool that is used for running and defining multi container Docker applications.
The error looks something like this −
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon. Is the docker daemon running on this host?
In order to make sure that you resolve this error, one approach is to make sure that post-installation steps are correctly followed.
Below, there are several commands shown that depict the correct way to set up the environment on both Mac OS X and other Linux distributions.
The first step is to create the docker group with the help of the command shown below −
sudo groupadd docker
Now the next step is to add the user to the docker group
sudo usermod -aG docker currentUser
In the above command, replace the placeholder of currentUser with the user that you want to add to the group.
Next step is to log out from then log back in to make sure that Docker is running with the correct permissions.
Finally, you just need to start the Docker with the command shown below −
sudo service docker start
For Mac OS X
The above command will start the virtual machine for Docker. Followed by the above command we need to get the environment variables, so run the command shown below −
Finally, we need to run the below command to start the Docker service.
- Resolve the error Column count doesn’t match value count in MySQL?
- Error 1046 No database Selected, how to resolve?
- Can't connect with the video while using Whiteboard
- How to Find the List of Daemon Processes and Zombie Processes in Linux
- Resolve the MySQL error 'TYPE=MyISAM'?
- How to resolve the ERROR 1115 (42000): Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'?
- From inside of a Docker container, how do I connect to the localhost of the machine
- Running GUI applications on docker in linux
- Installing Linux Packages Inside a Docker Container
- Resolve MySQL ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your syntax?
- Resolve Unknown database in JDBC error with Java-MySQL?
- How we can connect Arduino with PLC ?
- How to connect Java to MySQL?
- What is -551 error code in DB2? How will you resolve it?
- MySQL Error ERROR 1099 (HY000): Table was locked with a READ lock and can't be updated