- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is it true that opportunity knocks only once?
It is a common saying that,” Opportunity seldom knocks twice.” But, it is a saying which I believe is subject to analysis on one’s own.
Opportunity Was for Once Only
Consider the scenario wherein a girl who wants to pursue her dreams of becoming an IAS Officer. Her parents want her to be settled in her life, but at the same time, they wish her to be married at the right age, as they say in India depending upon the religion she belongs to.
Upon much persuasion by her parents, the girl pleads with her parents to give her one single chance in order to live up to her dream of becoming an IAS officer. She gives her best shot, but to her dismay, she does not qualify the Interview of the process and she gets married as per her parent’s wishes.
In this case, the opportunity did not knock twice and she spent years thinking what would her life be had she qualified the examination in the second attempt, but life did not grant her the second attempt.
Opportunity Knocked Another Time
Consider the previous scenario with a bit of alteration, if the girl who got married, was blessed with a supportive husband who supported her in fulfilling her dreams by letting her study post marriage to become an IAS officer. In this case, in her second attempt, she qualified the examination- all stages and became an IAS officer.
The above two scenarios were put forth just to explain the old saying as per my own perception. The views may differ on certain grounds of understanding among different individuals. So, hard work pays but only if done at the right time, and with the right attitude. An opportunist avails the chance without blaming the circumstances and wins over all the odds.
- Is it true that Unicellular organisms do not respire, only Multicellular organisms respire?
- There is only one moon, is it true or not.
- Is it true that Patanjali products are manufactured by a third party and only labeled by Patanjali?
- Is it true that Anorexia is also a mental disorder?
- PHP file that should run once and delete itself. Is it possible?
- Matching Only Once in Perl
- Get count of values that only appear once in a MySQL column?
- Is it true that Dreams manifest into Achievements in life?
- Is it true that we should not add salt to curd?
- What is Opportunity Cost of Capital?
- Is it true that farming is no more a profitable business in India?
- Transmission opportunity (TXOP)
- How true is it that only having a beautiful face is not the guarantee to win big beauty titles like Miss World, Miss Universe, etc?
- Is it true that leaf is known as the food factory of the plant?