- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
PHP and MYSQL database connection and table creation only once if it does not already exist?
To create database only once, use the below syntax.
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS yourDatabaseName;
To create table only once, use the below syntax −
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS yourTableName ( yourColumnName yourDatatype, . . . N );
Let us implement both the above syntaxes to create database and table only once if does not already exist −
mysql> CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS login; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.23 sec)
Above query creates a database successfully.
Following is the query to create a table −
mysql> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS DemoTable ( Id int ); Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.56 sec)
Above query creates a table successfully.
- Create view in MySQL only if it does not already exist?
- How to check if a table exists in MySQL and create if it does not already exist?
- Create a table if it does not already exist and insert a record in the same query with MySQL
- MySQL create user if it does not exist?
- Insert records in MongoDB collection if it does not exist?
- How to insert only those records that does not exist in a MySQL table?
- Select a value from MySQL database only if it exists only once from a column with duplicate and non-duplicate values
- Select from table where value does not exist with MySQL?
- Does NOT EQUAL exist in MySQL?
- How can I create a python directory if it does not exist?
- How to create a folder if it does not exist in C#?
- How can I create a directory if it does not exist using Python?
- Select columns of an R data frame and skip if does not exist.
- How to select from MySQL table A that does not exist in table B?