- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Index into an Infinite String in Python
Suppose we have a string s and two integers i and j (i < j). Now suppose p is an infinite string of s repeating forever. We have to find the substring of p from indexes [i, j).
So, if the input is like s = "programmer", i = 4, j = 8, then the output will be "ramm".
To solve this, we will follow these steps −
- p:= blank string
- for t in range i to j, do
- p := p concatenate a character from s at index (t mod size of s)
- return p
Let us see the following implementation to get better understanding −
class Solution: def solve(self, s, i, j): p="" for t in range(i,j): p+=s[t%len(s)] return p ob = Solution() s = "programmer" i = 4 j = 8 print(ob.solve(s, i, j))
"programmer", 4, 8
- How to prevent loops going into infinite mode in Python?
- How to stop an infinite loop safely in Python?
- How can I represent an infinite number in Python?
- String Transforms Into Another String in Python
- Decoded String at Index in Python
- How we can come out of an infinite loop in Python?
- Insert an element into Collection at specified index in C#
- Find the index of first 1 in an infinite sorted array of 0s and 1s in C++
- Index Pairs of a String in Python
- What keyboard command we have to stop an infinite loop in Python?
- How to create an infinite loop in C#?
- How to run an infinite loop in Tkinter?
- Python Pandas and Numpy - Concatenate multiindex into single index
- Convert dictionary object into string in Python